Water Wanderings' COVID-19 Response
The health and safety of our campers and their families is our highest priority. During our 2020 and 2021 Summer Seasons, we successfully implemented COVID-19 mitigation measures that kept our campers and counselors healthy. We plan to move forward with the 2022 Season - barring a change in COVID-19 legislation or illness of our instructors - and will continue to monitor the pandemic and follow all state and federal mandates. All safety measures will remain in place until further notice, including the following:
- Water Wanderings instructors and campers are required to self-quarantine for two weeks before Water Wanderings camps OR self-quarantine for seven days, get tested, and have a negative test result.
- Water Wanderings campers are required to sign a waiver attesting that they have not been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 14 days of the start of their camp and that they have followed self-quarantine and testing protocols.
- At the beginning of each session, Water Wanderings campers will be screened for high temperatures and other COVID-19 symptoms and conduct a brief health interview.
- We will eliminate large gatherings at the start and end of every session.
- Campers and staff will engage in a robust hand-washing regimens.
- Modified food preparation protocols to increase social distancing and disinfection, including frequent washing of food preparation materials, spreading out food preparation and cooking stations, eliminating group containers for uncooked snacks, and frequent hand washing.
- Campers will sleep in individual tents to increase distance between campers at night.
- Campers or instructors who show symptoms of COVID-19 during Water Wanderings will be immediately evacuated from the field for testing.
- Campers and instructors are required to bring cloth masks and wear them whenever social distancing is not possible.
- If Water Wanderings is unable to operate this summer due to the Governor’s orders, COVID-19 in camp, or if a family needs to cancel their registration due to illness or travel restrictions which prevent them from participating, they will choose one of the following options: 1) get a full refund on their deposit, or 2) donate their deposit to the Water Wanderings scholarship fund.